1. ) http://www.maths-catch.com/index.php?ref=edzwady
















Tetamu

Provided by top career education web portal.

23 April 2010

Tips for Successful Panning

by Natalie Norton


1. Panning requires a steady hand and a relatively slow shutter speed.

The actual shutter speed depends on the speed of the subject but generally it will be 1/200th or slower. 1/200th if your subject is really flying along, like a speeding car on a race track, and maybe as slow as 1/40th of a second if your subject is a runner on a track.

2. Keep in mind that the faster your shutter speed is the easier it will be to keep your subject crisp.

Especially as you’re learning the art of panning, don’t slow your shutter down too much. Just keep it slow enough to begin to show some motion. As your confidence increases and you’ve got the hang of things, go ahead and slow your shutter more and more to show even further pronounced motion and thus separation of your speeding subject from the background.

3. Make sure your subject remains in the same portion of the frame during the entire exposure: this will ensure a crisp, sharp subject.

4. Remember that the faster your subject is moving the more difficult it will be to pan.

This point goes right along with number 3. It’s harder to keep your subject in the same portion of the frame if it’s moving faster than you are able to. So again, start with something a little slower and then progress from there.

5. Have fun! and if at first you don’t succeed, give up for sure. Wait, er, try try again.



When I was trying to learn how to pan I sincerely found it difficult to match my speed to that of my subject. I’d plant my feet firmly in the ground, pull my elbows in tightly to my sides to avoid camera shake, wait wait wait for my subject and then zoom right along with them. I was having the most difficult time! I’d normally move faster than my subject ending up with an image that was nothing short of a blurry mess. Then I had an idea. I took my son with one hand, held my camera to my eye with the other, and spun him in a circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment